Sunday, October 5, 2008
Busy, Busy
What a weekend! Friday night was date night. Yep, these old farts went to a movie. We went to see Appaloosa which I recommend to anyone who misses the good, old fashioned westerns. It's the first movie in a loooong time that I could sit through again....... Saturday - up early and off to see the grandkids play soccer - what a hoot! I actually got to hold hands with and walk Sweet Pea (aka, Mandy) to the concession stand. It all started with Booger wanting a hot dog. Satisfying kids' desires is what grandparents are for. So, Booger and I started to the concession stand only to be joined in quick succession by the other four grandkids and Gran and Shawn. A one hot dog trip turned into a six hot dog trip in the blink of an eye. Oh, and when Sweet Pea got her hot dog, she reverted to form and spurned me for Gran. Devilish little girl! She's workin' me again! Then some quality time with three older grandkids at Taryn's house while Gran visits Mama Baechtel. Gran shows up and it's off to Jeremy and Erica's to complete the rounds and so that Gran can neaten up Jelly Bean's self administered hair-do...... Sunday - we take a ride with the old group of biker friends to the Smoke Stack in Thurber for a late breakfast followed by a visit to see Don & Diane's new house. Then off to the shop where I service my new bike while Gran grabs a nap in the air conditioned office. Slacker!...... Back to work tomorrow. Ho hum..... Next weekend is a class of the 60's high school reunion where I get to visit with a bunch of old people. How the hell did my high school buddies get so old? Must have gotten caught in a time warp! Glad I missed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment