Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2nd Anniversary

February 4, 2007 - a day that changed my life. Yep, the infamous motorcycle wreck that very nearly cost me my life. Much has changed for me, some for the better. Looking back a few memories stand out.
- The moment coming out of the coma seeing a dude that I didn't recognize (a doctor) and trying to process the information that he gave me. Bad wreck?? Not me! But wait, I'm in a hospital. What the H---!
- My first memory of family. Jeremy & Erica feeding me ice chips. OMG, those were yummy!
- My second memory of family. Waking up and seeing all the pics of grandkids adorning my little space in PCU. What a joy! Thanks girls.
- The third memory. Shawn & Kyle helping move me from PCU to a regular hospital room.
- And, Connie & Cathy visiting soon after I got in that room. Connie with a cast on her hand. Cathy trimming my mustache trying to give me some badly needed grooming. It had been 16 days afterall.
- Finally, many, many friends who visited while I was there. I feel so bad that I have no memories of the visits but rest assured that I appreciate them just the same. No doubt they were a huge help in my surviving the ordeal.

The experience makes me appreciate all the more what is really important in life. I am so grateful to have a caring, supportive family and good friends. Life is good!!!

I will celebrate this day each year as a second birthday - a rebirth!

No comments: