Monday, December 22, 2008
MRI...!!!!!!!!!
Had an MRI today ordered by the doc from UTSW. Still trying to figure out why I've lost some peripheral vision. Connie set up an "open MRI" so that they don't put me in one of those tube type MRI machines. She tells me that my claustrophobia won't be a problem with the "open MRI machine". Turns out that she don't know s%#$. As we left for the appointment, I realized that I forgot my valium prescribed specifically for this event to combat my claustrophobia (but we're at Dad's hospital and the valium is at home). Connie says "no big deal, it's an open MRI". I go along with that - I'm a big boy - right? Crap! Holy crap! OPEN my ass!!! That damn machine is about 2 millimeters from my face. Close the eyes - breathe - think of something else! The damn thing sounds like I have a bucket over my head and some SOB is banging it with a baseball bat! Then the sound stops for a minute and I realize that I'm sooooo tensed up that I'm resting on the tips, yes the tips of my shoulder blades! With my legs on that foam doohickey, I am so tense that ONLY the shoulder blades are touching the machine! Deep breath, relax... Ahhhh now I'm on my back. Oh crap - here goes that sound again and it's LOUD!!! Tense up...... This goes on for like 6 hours (the clock says maybe 15 minutes but the bitch rigged the clock - had to). Now she's sliding me out and says: We're on the home stretch. HOME STRETCH! We should be done. Nope. Gives me some dye with an IV and here we go again!!! This lasts FOREVER!!! Somehow I survive. Where's my valium???? My neck, back, butt, sides, etc. hurt from being tense for so long. Turns out the clock says that the whole process took maybe 35-40 minutes. My initial estimate was 12 hours - at least it seemed that way...... Ain't doin' that again unless I've got a butt load of valium in me - or better yet knock me OUT!. And if they ever put me in one of those tubes I WILL dismantle that sumbitch from the inside out! GOD I'm glad that's over.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment