Monday, August 4, 2008

Whew!!!! Good News.....

I'm home! The news is good. The doc says that the stents look good and the blood flow looks good so there was nothing to do except take a look and plug the artery up where he inserted the catheter. I am on restricted activity for 48 hours - no lifting, too much walking, etc. So I'll be back in the gym next Monday..... I think Dr Gojer is great. Not only is he an excellent doctor but has a great sense of humor as well. I can be a smartass and he responds without missing a beat. He walks into the cath lab after I had been prepped. And the exchange went something like this:

Me: How do you feel Doc? I want you at the top of your game if we're gonna do this!
Doc: I feel good but I forgot to take my seizure medication.
Me: That's a problem!
Doc: Don't worry, I had some Jack Daniels to calm my nerves.
Me: Give me a shot if you have any left. :o)

We both have a good chuckle and the banter stops as the doc goes to work. Love this guy - my kind of doctor!

Too bad the insurance company opted to force this procedure rather than a CT Scan. Oh well...

No comments: